One-year Master of Education in STEAM Education
Kathmandu University School of Education (KUSOED) offers high-quality teacher education programs with a holistic approach to developing competent teachers, teacher educators, and educational leaders who can contribute to meaningful and life-affirming pedagogical processes. The shift in the educational processes is needed for developing skilled and visionary educational professionals.Program Objectives
The Master of Education (One Year) program intends to promote innovative pedagogical approaches by combining global and local perspectives of education and primarily aimed to produce education professionals (e.g., teacher trainers, curriculum developers, material developers, program coordinators, and headteachers) dedicated to basic education. Additionally, it addresses the demands of integrating elements of cognitive and affective domains of learning in order to develop competent education professionals at any level. This M Ed program aims at showcasing teacher education programs as an enterprise of lifelong learning that is grounded in holistic, context-based, and multi-methods approaches to educational practice and research.
After the completion of the course, the students will be enabled to:
- Design trans-, multi-, and interdisciplinary curricula through STEAM Education perspectives;
- Develop a sound understanding of STEAM Education and practitioners research in the field of STEAM Education;
- Design professional development programs for prospective and in-service teachers;
- Develop competencies in using ICT tools in pedagogical contexts for meaningful and engaged learning;
- Adapt innovative pedagogical approaches (such as design thinking) to enable learners as innovative problem solvers;
- Make use of the field of STEAM Education with adequate theoretical and practical knowledge in planning, teaching, adapting, institutionalizing, and evaluating educational experiences;
- Facilitate the process of developing human and other resources in the field of STEAM Education;
- Contribute to the process of the transformation of educational practices with an emphasis on skills development in the context of contemporary instructional strategies;
- Embrace innovation and creativity in their roles as instructional leaders in the field of STEAM education; and
- Prepare teaching and learning resources for instructional practices based on STEAM perspectives.
See the document section to see the program detail: